Since the Fit is built on Honda’s new global platform, you can expect to see a slightly longer wheelbase (but not by much) and a small increase in width. Also, there is an exciting new mid-line Sport trim. Honda has added a bulk of new driver assists and safety features. The 2018 Honda Fit also has much better insulation than the outgoing model and has a more refined suspension.
IIHS Frontal Offset Crash Test Ratings
IIHS rates vehicles good, acceptable, marginal, or poor based on performance in high-speed front and side crash tests plus evaluations of seat/head restraints for protection against neck injuries in rear impacts.
- Rear Passenger Head Protection
- Rear Passenger Head and Neck
- Rear Passenger Pelvis/Leg
- Seat Head/Restraint Geometry
- Structure and Safety Cage
- Restraints and Dummy Kinematic