The 2016 Mazda CX-5 is one of the highest-ranked and most fun-to-drive compact crossovers in its class. Precise steering and agile handling make up for the CX-5’s modest engine power, while the interior offers good passenger space and solid quality.
New for 2016
- Exterior and interior styling updates
- Updated infotainment system
- Bluetooth phone and audio now standard
- Adaptive cruise control, rear cross traffic alert, and lane departure warning available
- Rearview camera comes standard with 2016.5 models
The 2016 Mazda CX-5’s #2 ranking is based on its score within the 2016 Affordable Compact SUVs category. It is a finalist for our 2016 Best Compact SUV for the Money award. Currently the Mazda CX-5 has a score of 8.3 out of 10, which is based on our evaluation of 44 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.